The first 10 out of 30 policies implemented by the Pakatan Rakyat Government during the last two years.
Enabling The People
1. Penang wireless initiative to make Penang the first wifi state in Malaysia that is provided free to all the citizens in Penang.
2. Establishing a 200 acre education hub to make Penang the centre of educational excellence to serve as an incubator to develop knowledge, skills and human capital.
3. Recognition and cash encouragement to top students in SPM and STPM as well as huffaz (those who memorise the Quran).
4. Establishing a Penang Science Council driven by industry that projects Penang as a center of engineering and scientific excellence.
5. Annual financial assistance of RM11.3 million to Sekolah Agama Rakyat, Chinese, Tamil and missionary schools and independent Chinese secondary schools.
6. Providing land for Sekolah Agama Rakyat, Chinese and Tamil primary schools with construction costs funded by the Federal Government.
7. Gender-friendly and equality programmes that breaks the glass ceiling and promotes capable women such as the first female President of a local authority in Peninsular Malaysia, Ar. Hajah Patahiyah binti Ismail of Majlis Perbandaran Pulau Pinang (MPPP).
The first female District Officer in Penang, Puan Rohani binti Hassan of Seberang Perai Selatan District Office.
General Manager of Invest Penang, Puan Wan Zailena Mohd Nordin.
Managing Director of Penang Global Tourism, Ms. Ooi Geok Ling.
Head of the Urban Services Department of MPPP, Dr. Judy Shoba Naidu.
8. Providing disabled-friendly facilities where Penang has been acknowledged by United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) as the best in Malaysia.
9. Providing funds to acquire land for mosques and provide places of worship for non-muslim.
10 Establishing women centres and child care centres to allow women to be independent, self sufficient and the opportunity to work and pursue their careers.
Maaflah, sumbernya gua lupa pulak alamatnya. Harap minta halal ye.